Thursday 21 July 2016



Breaking the Boundary of Locale through Localisation



"சுழன்றும்ஏர்ப் பின்னது உலகம் அதனால் 
உழந்தும் உழவே தலை."

This means that Agriculture, though laborious, is the most excellent (form of labor); for people, though they go about (in search of various employments), have at last to resort to the farmer. 

With a great passion towards spreading of knowledge, I have entered into  #mozillatnwoc16. But I was more excited when I was told that the First part of this activity will be Localisation. 

As the Thirukural says  farmers are the ones who feeds every human with food. which is one among the basic need for every life. Wherever we might be, what ever posting we may hold, food has its significance unchanged.

From the time when I have realized this, What can I do to them in return ? was the question that was disturbing me at the bottom of my heart. Introduction to localisation paved me a part to support the common men in the society. I felt that this would help me to do something for my mother tongue and also to support those people who have got into the mud to feed others with food.

Being one among the selected trainers I was very much excited to work in localisation. I have signed up in the pontoon  on July 08 2016 with enthusiasm and a bit fearful about the perfection.Here is  My Pontoon profile.


As we have planned in WOC16 I have selected a few students under me as contributors and sharing  knowledge to them was the prime focus. My colleague Bhuvana and morganised the first session for our team on July 9th in our campus. The interest shown by them triggered us in a greater level. We from then on worked as a team  in rendering our support to Mozilla.

We as a team have suggested 650 strings in which  253 strings were my contribution. My team members and the count of suggestions made by them are as follows.



S.no
Name of the 
Contributor
Number of words
suggested
Pontoon Profile
1
Dhevendhiran.M
133
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/dhevendhirancs.dgct@gmail.com/
2
Vaishnavi Devi R
81
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/vaishnavidevir@gmail.com/
3
Vinusha
75
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/vinusa6@gmail.com/
4
Vaishanavi O
37
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/vaishnavicse.dgct@gmail.com/
5
Guru Prasath G
37
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/guruvicky46@gmail.com/
6
Shanmuga priya
34
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/shanmugapriya1196@gmail.com/

 I am very proud to quote that  majority of my team are girls and they are actively participating for Mozilla. We had a great time together under the guidance of our mentor @khaleeljageer who was readily helping us in all the ways possible for him. With great learning and some fun we travelled through the path of exploring pontoon.

This is Just the Beginning of our Contribution to  #mozillafirefox and  #mozillatn community hoping to travel a long path with this team.

8 comments:

  1. Cool achievement!! Congrats Ashly. I'm very happy to see womoz growing in our community..😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prasanth. Dedicating this Success to my crew.

      Delete
  2. Good job Ashly.... All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Ashly.... All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. வாழ்த்துக்கள்...

    ReplyDelete